So many people are taking on the challenge of brightening the view for their neighbours with window decorations. Consider giving your neighbours and those out for a walk something new to look at by painting one of your windows to look like stained glass.
You will need:
- Glass Cleaner
- Painter’s Tape
- Acrylic Paint
- Paper Plate or Painter’s Pallet
- Paint Brush
- Clean the glass and make sure it’s dry.
- With the painter’s tape, lay out a stained-glass pattern. Because it’s Easter this weekend you might consider putting a cross in the middle. (If you just want to do a free design, don’t worry about the tape.)
- Squeeze your paint out on a paper plate and then apply the colours as you desire.
- Let dry.
- Remove the tape. (Though you may like the look of the tape lines—in which case, leave them.)
- When you’re ready to remove it, acrylic paint will wash away with soap and water.
- Instead of painter’s tape you can use puffy paint to serve as lead lines – this will have an end result that looks more like real stained glass.
- You can mix a little dish soap with your paint to make it a bit more transparent.