Meditation on Luke 23:32-3
Written by: Sharon Garlough Brown: An Extra mile p373
- What emotions rise within you as you watch what is done to Jesus? What do you want to do? What do you want Jesus to do?
- Which aspects of the cruelty is most disturbing to you? Why?
- Jesus permitted everything to be stripped away; his reputation, his dignity, his clothing. He clings to nothing; he withholds nothing. Not even forgiveness. What do you cling to? What do you withhold? Why?
- What is Jesus inviting you to relinquish? What is Jesus inviting you to offer?
- Offer your response to God in prayer.
Take a walk in your neighbourhood and reflect on the following:
- What do you notice about your reactions to praying with this text?
- What does this text reveal to you about Jesus? Your own heart?
- What are you being invited to release to God? Offer to others?
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God, you love me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).