Thanks to Miss Shirley for showing us how to make a shield!
- Bristol board (cut in half)
- Pencil & pencil crayons
- Duct tape
- Cut your Bristol board in half. (Fold and then cut along the fold mark.)
- Cut off the bottom third and set aside.
- Fold the remaining piece in half.
- Draw a half circle on the top. Draw a triangle at the bottom (angling away from the fold).
- Cut along these lines and open the fold to reveal your shield shape.
- Take your ruler and measure an inch and a half along the long side of the bottom third piece you cut off earlier. Cut off the strip. This is the tall portion of a cross.
- Measure an inch and a half along the short edge of the third and cut out. Do this twice. These are the cross portions of your cross.
- Colour your shield and the cross pieces.
- Apply glue to the cross pieces and attach to the shield.
- Using folds of duct tape, make a handle for the back of your shield.
Now, show us your finished product! If you post a picture on social media be sure to use #HMCFamily Challenge so we can see it!