ASSOCIATE PASTOR – Part time 25 hours / week
Hanover Missionary Church (HMC), a member of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada (EMCC), is looking for a person to fill a part time, 25 hour per week position for an Associate Pastor with a passion for adult discipleship and community engagement. HMC is a thriving and vibrant congregation located in Hanover, Ontario, in Southwestern Grey County. HMC has an average Sunday attendance of around 260. Our vision is to be a church of Generations Following Jesus Together as we Gather and Go.
The Associate Pastor will:
– Lead the in the areas of discipleship and disciple making by providing greater
opportunities to grow and mature in their faith and relationship in Christ beyond the
Sunday morning service gatherings.
– Invite the congregation to be involved in G2G (Gather 2 Grow) small groups, and be involved in equipping the congregation to serve each other and the greater community. – Be the pastor responsible for providing oversight and guidance to those leading other areas of ministry that directly deal with discipleship and disciple making.
– Provide guidance and oversight to our hospitality and first contact ministries, ensuring
that HMC is a place that is welcoming, friendly, warm, and inviting.
– Help develop and implement a multi-generational strategy that takes people from the ‘parking lot’ to a place of ‘passionate and committed involvement’ in their own personal journey of discipleship.
A person serving the Hanover Missionary Church in this position shall:
– Be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ demonstrating full devotion to Jesus Christ and bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
– Be committed to the Biblical practices of the church (Acts 2:37-47) that are driven by living out the Great Commission and Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40).
– Have proven skills in leadership, disciple making, coaching & developing leaders, and equipping saints for ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
– Have a clear calling from God to serve with passion and skill in this particular area of ministry.
– Model personally the life of someone who loves God and is a committed follower of Jesus in the church and in the community.
– Have a heart and passion for seeing people grow in their faith relationship with Jesus, and in their knowledge and love for God.
– Have a heart to see people living out their faith and striving to make more followers of Jesus.
– An equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in theology or religious education from an accredited university or Bible college is a recommendation, however a combination of education and experience may be considered.
– Demonstrate evidence of being a life-long learner.
– Highly relational with strong interpersonal skills, with experience in a team-based approach to ministry, ensuring collaborative learning, planning, and implementation of ministry at HMC.
– Sign the Leadership Covenant as well as the Lifestyle and Morality Standards document for employees.
To find out more information about HMC or the EMCC, please visit www.hanovermissionary.com or www.emcc.ca . For more detailed information or to submit a resume contact: email@example.com . Please submit resumes by March 7, 2019.